Monday, May 23, 2016

Do You Know the Muffin Man? (blueberry muffin recipe)


Welp, I'm still super pregnant. Just 39 weeks and 6 days...baby is still the size of a watermelon, and I'm not getting any smaller. I woke up yesterday thinking that last weekend would've been a great time to have this baby. But, since obviously this baby has it's own agenda, I figured I may as well be productive! On Friday after work I went to the store to buy 2 watermelons and 2 cantaloupes (because I can eat like half in one sitting, and I just can't get enough of the cantaloupe and watermelon right now!) And then I read some of my personal development book, did a prenatal workout, and took the dog for a walk. Both kids ended up sleeping over at a friend's house, so Randy and I watched "How To Be Single" on Amazon prime...and felt old and happy to be out of the dating scene haha. I told him, this would be a great night to have the baby, the kids are gone, we wouldn't have to rush them out of the house in a sleepy stupor...alas, I woke up Saturday morning still pregnant.

Cheers to date night with our all natural root beer!


On Saturday I woke up with intention, and I made another batch of my homemade cold pressed coffee, went to work until noon, and came home to do some planting. My parents had dug up a hydrangea plant that I had bought and planted for my mom about 8 years ago, but it was in a spot that gets too much sun and heat, and it never bloomed too much. They gifted it back to me if I wanted it, and since hydrangeas are my favorite I didn't hesitate! I went to Bomgaars and bought two more hydrangea plants to landscape the area in our backyard around the new deck that Randy & his dad built last summer. I also planted some tomato seedlings, and some herbs in a little planter box. I LOVE to grow fresh basil, cilantro, and chives...I use them for EVERYTHING, and it's so convenient and tasty to just go out and clip some from my own little garden stash! After all of my planting we went to my parent's house, they have a pool and that's basically where we hang out all summer. It was the first day for the pool to be ready, and my kids had already gone over there on their bikes, so I was ready to get some sun and sit by the pool. I also read that free swimming and treading water can help to encourage labor...so you know I was treading water for like 3 hours in the pool :D  ***Spoiler alert- still super pregnant*** 

Tomatoes in the the pot, and 3 hydrangeas on the front of the deck


Don't mind the pavers on the side of the stairs...that's to keep
Mugsy from going underneath the deck :D

My parent's backyard a.k.a. Oasis Chicoine

The kids acting like kids & enjoying the
first pool day!


Sunday morning as I woke up again still pregnant I went to my happy place...the kitchen. I LOVE to bake, and I thought, I had some overly ripe bananas (as usual) so I made another batch of my healthy banana bread, but as muffins this round, and I had a craving for a blueberry muffin. So, I got on Pinterest, because my daughter wanted a 'regular' blueberry muffin, not a super healthy one :/ and I tried a new recipe. It was very easy, and the sweet blueberry aroma that filled the kitchen was incredible! So, I will share that recipe with you today!

Blueberry Muffins

recipe taken from: inspiredtaste.net

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Ingredients:

- 1 & 1/2  cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 TBSP for muffin tops
- 1/2 tsp course salt
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil ( I used butter as usual)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3-1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries- fresh or frozen (if using frozen, don't thaw first)

Method:

Whisk dry ingredients together in a bowl, mix your wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the wet to the dry ingredients, and using a fork mix until just incorporated, don't over mix, the batter will be quite thick. Then using a spatula fold in your blueberries. This makes 12 standard sized muffins, or 8 jumbo muffins. Fill your muffin liners with your mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops are no longer wet & a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.

These muffins were quick and easy, and the kids loved them. I love the delicious aroma that filled our house while they baked. 

Blueberry muffins in the front & my healthy banana
muffins in the back


As Sunday continued Reese had a birthday party to go to, and then a soccer party for the end of season party, we go to the soccer fields and the parents play against the team. I sat and watched. Before that I watered all of my flowers and plants, Mugsy got his line tangled up in my hard work and knocked over my herb garden so the top layer of dirt, and likely all of my seeds are now in the river rocks that surround the deck :/ Randy and I went to my parents house for a some pool time before we headed out to the soccer party, and by the time the day was over, I had gotten way too much sun! All in all a great weekend, but seriously...if this baby doesn't get here soon, I may lose my mind. Also, a side note, I have had the raspberry tea & 6 dates everyday since Thursday. I decided not to take it yesterday because I feel like it intensifies the cramping & prodromal labor pains, but nothing happens. I had contractions through the night last night however, and they've continued into this morning. So, maybe today I can make a memorable Monday for everyone and go into labor at work? Lol

Randy wanted to get a picture because he thought it might
be our last picture before the baby gets here...

No comments:

Post a Comment